Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Be Passionate about what you do!

If you have seen any of my video's on our Facebook page, you know that I am passionate about trees and helping people.  It has been said "If you love what you do, you will never work a day in your life."  That's the way I feel about what I do every day!  From the very beginning I have loved seeing trees in a different light.  I see trees as what they could become not what they are.  Correcting tree issues is more preferable to me than simply removing them.

What are you passionate about?  If you don't know, well, why not spend time thinking about it.  What I mean is if your not passionate about what you do for a living, the job you go to every day, the thing that you spend a majority of your waking hours doing.

When you discover that thing, pursue it.  Go after what ever that thing is and enjoy life.  Don't be satisfied with mediocrity.

I have a friend who was happy at his job in the insurance industry.  He made a decent salary, had benefits, and vacation.  He enjoyed the work and the people he worked with.  Then something happened.  He began to work with teenagers at his church.  This one act of service ignited a hidden passion for working with young people.   This discovery led to a complete career change and a new path for his life and the life of his family.

He became a high school teacher.  This career change required further education and training to be an effective educator.

It has been 15 years since my friend made that change from being happy with what he did to being passionate about it.  I'm not saying teaching is a bed of roses every day for him, but he loves what he does.

So now it's your turn.  Discover what you love and work towards doing what ever that is.  It may require effort, education, training, and time, but in the end it will be well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment